Monday, July 21, 2008

Joyeux Anniversaire...

Yesterday was my mom's birthday {Happy Birthday, Mom!} and I was in charge of dessert... My mom loves chocolate as much as I do, so I decided to make these petite treats for her.

I've been imagining these cupcakes for a couple of weeks - Chocolate sour cream cakes with a whipped chocolate ganache filling, vanilla buttercream frosting, and a sprinkling of toffee bits on top... And as I watched my mom, husband, and brother throw down 3 dozen in a matter of minutes, I knew they had turned out exactly as I had hoped! (OK, I helped eat them too)!

Joyeux Anniversaire, Mom!!!

4 comments:

Christi said...

THANK YOU DUSTI!!! YOU ARE THE BEST DAUGHTER ANYONE COULD EVER HOPE FOR. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!
LOVE - MOM

Aimee Jager said...

Wow! You go all out! What a sweet daughter you are! So for my birthday I like......ha ha. Just kidding!

breck said...

Dusti- they seriously were THE BEST cupcakes! They honestly were "melt in your mouth" delicious. They might just be my favorite of your desserts, or your cookies, or your brownies...or...or...

Lars said...

Wow! I feel a little silly drooling, but you said ganache.