Sunday, September 21, 2008

I've been très occupée...

I've been very busy this past weekend...


Speed Racer Cupcakes for a 6 year old's birthday.


Coconut Lemon Curd Tartlets for a baby shower.


And, my first attempt at catering SAVORY Little Fancies...

Tortellini Brochette.


Mini Tomato Tartlets.



Little Roast Beef Sandwiches.


Fancy Little Cheese Balls.




It was hectic, but thanks to my mom, who is très magnifique, it was a success. I learned that I'm probably not the easiest person to work with, because I like things to look exactly the way I've pictured them in my mind! But she was a trooper, she lovingly gave herself the title of sous chef (even though she knows far more than I do when it comes to cooking) and followed my every wish! Thank you mom! And merci to Natalie too, who took a leap of faith and hired me!
Here's to many more such Sweet and Savory adventures!

4 comments:

ashlie said...

Everything looks so freakin good! It is making me hungry!

Tina said...

Man those Speed Racer Cupcakes look like they should be in pictures.... You are amazing!!

Jenn said...

K .. so I didn't know which post to post this on but I HAD to mention it .. once again - DUSTI IS AMAZING! She made the most ADORABLE cupcake/cookies with my babys name on them for my baby shower! I can't even explain it - she is so AWESOME!
Thanks, Dusti!

Lars said...

I have heard that your sugar cookies are so yummy, but hadn't tasted them. But now that I've had a chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting and a cookie...OH so good!!

Now all that's left on my tasting wish list are macaroon/lemon tarts, ganache filled cupcakes, wedding kolaches....ha ha you get the idea.