Sunday, January 11, 2009

My First Wedding



I was given an amazing opportunity for my first wedding. I did the thank you favors for High School Musical's Kaycee Stroh. It was amazing, truly fabuleux! The wedding was at La Caille - the first time I have ever been there, though I have always wanted to go there (hint, hint, hubby). There were over 500 guests. I thought for sure we would run out of cookies! The guests were able to fill a bag of homemade sweets while they waited for the valet to get their cars, and some people were loading up (that's the point, right?)! But, miraculously, we ended up with about 150 extras (out of about 1600 cookies). It was perfect. Kaycee is so down to earth and just so much fun. She made a beautiful bride, and hopefully she had a chance to eat the cookies that we packed for her:) I was able to meet a lot of really nice people, and I am sure alot of good will come from this experience. We weren't allowed to take any photographs, but the photographer will give me copies of his as soon as he can. Hopefully (fingers crossed) they will be pictured in People! I will post a link as soon as I can. In the meantime I just want to say THANK YOU, MERCI, DEKUJI, DANKE, and so on and so forth, to my amazing mom, who became affectionately known as "the cookie mom". I just hope that I can pay forward even a fraction of what she has done for me to my own daughter!

6 comments:

jenn neslen said...

this is amazing!! how did she find out about you? of course, you are fantastic. congrats!! that is a huge gig. i am so happy this is going so well for you.

Melanie said...

Congrats Dusti, I am so happy this fell into place for you. I am sure it was wonderful. Lets get together soon, give us a jingle.
I bet Sophie was in heaven with all of it.

Emily said...

So cool! I would be exhausted after that! Really, I have been to la Caille and the food is over priced and not as fabulous as they make it out to be. It's more of an experience thing. I would rather eat the food you make that la caille....

Mackenzie said...

Congrats my dear. That is awesome.

ashlie said...

Sounds like it all went fabulous! I agree that the food there is over priced and overrated! Yours is for sure way better! Sophie looks so cute with her!

Lars said...

I'm so thrilled it worked out so well! I remember when we first talked about it, without me knowing which actor from HSM it was. How fun!